Tuesday, September 30, 2014

How To Solve All The World Problems

I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. (1 Timothy 2:1, 2 NIV)

Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. (1 Peter 2:1 NIV)

Not really much else to add to that.

I will however make a couple of things very clear from these passages. The individual called to do these things? It is YOU. It is me, "Rid YOURSELVES..." Paul is calling on YOU to make these petitions, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgiving.

Everything, anything that requires movement starts within first. Improvement never comes from others for us. Improvement is a decision we make from within for ourselves and others. When I improve, my family improves. That may be they follow my lead spiritually. It may mean our finances improve, our giving improves, our kindness and thoughts of others first improves. Whatever improvement is required, comes from my lead, from me making the improvement within first before ever hoping or expecting anyone around me to improve.

I have noticed my circle of friends has improved coinciding my spiritual improvement, aka spiritual maturity. This takes many meanings. One meaning is some people are no longer in my circle. Some people have been added to my circle because they are a better fit spiritually, bring an accountability I lacked. My improved circle brings encouragement, joy, and teachings. They come as mentors, or seeking to be mentored. It equally, but more importantly means my existing circle has improved in their spiritual maturity from my example, from my joy through a storm, my smile, compliment, or encouragement to them. Maybe I said Grace over dinner. They were thinking about it, but unsure of how to stop everything to give thanks. My truth, I have many, too many times thought about Grace at a meal with friends and let the meal go on without it because I was too insecure.

Insecure equals Faith Immature. You see, when you are still insecure about how or when to address Faith in any moment, you are still immature in your Faith. Study the Word and grow yourself in your Faith. Pursue a mentor and start the change within. Take the lead to pursue your Faith maturity. That will create and construct the change you desire in others. There is an age old expression, "Be the change you desire to see."

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. (Galatians 5:22, 23 NIV)

Keep it simple. Pray for those in authority (no matter their party lines!), rid yourself..., and be the outward expression of the fruits of the Spirit within you. Don't over-complicate it. Don't add to it, or take away from it. There is no need to jazz or spice up perfection.



No comments:

Post a Comment